An ideal candidate will have either a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and 3+ years of experience developing renewable projects within the United States.We are seeking a person who has familiarity with renewable energy technologies and geospatial concepts, can demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills, is detail-oriented, critically-minded, and deadline conscious. Key areas of established utility-scale solar work experience are; environmental impacts, permitting at local, state or federal jurisdictions, interconnection procedures, site control and leasing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS),solar site layout, resource assessment, facility performance modeling and development budgeting.
Key responsibility areas are:
– Responsible for advancement of all development-phase disciplines in utility-scale solar in the US, with additional exposure to utility-scale wind and community-scale PV solar projects.
– Work collaboratively with development team in project management software on multiple projects.
– Seek participation in industry working-groups related to policy, industry changes or new initiatives.
– Work well in fast-paced team environment, and work efficiently while working independently.
– Management of subcontractor schedules and critical deliverable review.
– Perform prospecting and scoping activities, including cold calls and conducting arranged meetings.
– Assist development team in preparation of marketing and generation of off-take and M&A proposals.
– Ability to effectively present plans and progress updates to management team and project partners/investors.
– Ongoing assessment of energy market conditions, trends, and opportunities across multiple political and geographic environments ad markets.
– Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
– Must have utility-scale solar development experience
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office with general understanding of project financial modeling inputs
– Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Must thrive in fast-paced, energetic, nimble team-oriented and collaborative environment
– Travel required: 25-40%