Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced his “strengthened climate plan” that includes an initial $15 billion in investments — as well as a gradual increase of the carbon tax on fuels.
The Liberal government says its proposed plan will focus on “creating jobs and growing the middle class.”
We’ve summarized the key points in the plan’s measures from today’s press release:
1. Create jobs through investments in energy efficiency and retrofits.
2. Investments to increase renewables and next-generation clean energy and technology.
4. Put a rising price on pollution through to 2030.
5. Help Canadian businesses reduce emissions and make low-carbon products.
6. Cut pollution by supporting sustainable farming, and conservation.
Calling climate change the “biggest long-term threat of our generation,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said it is the “greatest economic opportunity.”