Solar panels cause a fire that resulted in $500,000 damages at Amazon warehouse in Maryland

No injuries were reported from the incident, but one employee was evaluated at the scene

An electrical issue on the roof of an Amazon warehouse in Maryland sparked a fire that caused about $500,000 in damages to the facility.

Firefighters worked for over an hour and a half to extinguish fires on multiple solar panels, HVAC units and roofing materials.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal ruled the fire accidental, due to: “an unspecified event involving solar panels on the roof of the facility”.

No one was injured during the incident.

Fires on large commercial rooftops linked to solar panels are not new.

In 2019, Walmart sued Tesla over solar panel installations after seven fires broke out on rooftops of their stores across the U.S.


More Stories From Around the Web:

Leave a Reply